Testing at FHS
Testing program at Fulton High School
- ASVAB - The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery is taken by all Juniors during the 1st semester. For more information click on the following link, ASVAB.
- SAT - The SAT School Day lets schools, districts, and states offer the SAT to juniors in their home school, on a weekday, expanding access to a globally recognized college admission test that's accepted at all U.S. colleges. All juniors are required to complete the SAT to earn a high school diploma from an Illinois high school. All juniors enrolled at Fulton High School are automatically registered for the SAT during their Spring semester and will test during the All School Testing Day. For more information click on the following link, SAT School Day.
- PSAT/NMSQT - The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a standardized test taken by all students in October of their junior year. The PSAT tests students skills in reading, writing, and math. For more information click on the following link, PSAT.
- PSAT 10 - This exam is one of four tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments—all of which test students on the knowledge and skills they need for college. The assessment is the same as the PSAT/NMSQT in terms of subject matter and difficulty. All sophomore students will take the PSAT 8/9 during their Spring semester on the All School Testing Day. For more information click on the following link, PSAT 10.
- PSAT 8/9 - This assessment is given to eighth and ninth graders and is closely aligned to the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10. It consists of questions in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and in Math. All freshmen students will take the PSAT 8/9 during their Spring semester on the All School Testing Day. For more information click on the following link, PSAT 8/9.
- Illinois Science Assessment - In compliance with federal testing requirements, Illinois will administer a science assessment to students enrolled in a public school district in grades 5, 8 and 11. The high school assessment utilizes a course-based model with content aligned to Physical Science, Earth Science and Biology. The assessment will be administered in an online format and is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for Science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). This assessment will be given to all juniors during their spring semester.
- All School Test Day - On this day (usually in April) all students in grade 9, 10 and 11 will be taking their respective SAT/PSAT assessment. If a student is absent there will be a make up day 2 weeks later. Seniors will have a career day that day. They will be able to go on a college visit, Military testing, job shadow, etc. For more information click on the following link, All School Test Day.