Brief School Closing Update 3-26-2020
River Bend Families, 3-26-20
I hope this short update finds you well and adjusting to our temporary circumstances. We are still waiting on state guidelines for E/Home based learning plans. However, I felt it important that you be given some of the latest we have heard from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
1. Spring assessments will be canceled- ISBE received a waiver from the US Dept. of Education. This means students will not have to take the IAR, Science, and SAT state exams in the spring. The SAT company is looking at options that will allow juniors to take the exam at a later date so that they can use for college applications down the road.
2. Please respond to principal or teacher emails about internet capabilities. We want to determine if every family can participate in remote learning. Principals and/or teachers have sent out a survey to track internet capabilities.
3. Dual Credit- Sauk will be working with our dual credit instructor to help students get credit for their spring classes. Final details will be provided when the State Board finalizes remote learning guidelines. Support will also continue for on-line dual credit classes. At this point dual credit guidelines have not been provided.
3. Census 2020- I realize this has nothing to do with our Covid 19 outbreak, but I wanted to encourage you to complete the online registration. River Bend Schools and our communities of Albany, Fulton and Garden Plain all benefit from accurate census information. The letter we received in the mail was fairly quick and painless to complete online. Thank you for completing and helping our schools.
4. Meals will continue to be delivered throughout any statewide extension. I am providing the updated meal link: https://forms.gle/
The River Bend Ministerial association will be providing meals over the weekends until school resumes. Weekend meals will be provided at the Fulton Presybterian Church 311 9th Ave, families can pick food between 8:00 AM and 10:00 on Saturday.
5. Outside play areas- Governor’s Executive Order No. 2020-10 requires that playgrounds be closed because they may increase the spread of COVID-19. This would include the FES playground as well as any outdoor basketball courts. Our track is still open as it allows people to exercise while practicing social distancing.
Please be safe and look for more updates when ISBE give remote learning guidance.