School Update 3-18-2020
Dear River Bend Families, 3-18-20
I hope all of you are safe and adjusting to the many disruptions to our everyday routines. We certainly miss your children and want to keep communicating all that we know. The governor's office and the state board of education have been providing updates almost daily since Friday, March 13th.
1. E/Home based learning-On the afternoon of Friday, March 13 we received notification of upcoming school closure dates by the state board of education. By Sunday, March 15 a full E-Learning plan was in place at River Bend for the upcoming school closure dates. However, the State Superintendent changed the requirements for E-Learning procedures on Sunday, March 15 forcing us to change our plans. We are currently working on a plan so that if school continues to be closed beyond March 30th, we can keep students connected to their education. As of today, we are not aware of any extended closing dates. We are working with staff to determine what an E/Home based learning program might include if school is closed for an extended period of time. More information will be provided as it is known.
2. Third Quarter Grades- Our third quarter recently ended and many of you may have questions about work that was not finished. If you have questions, please contact your child’s teacher. The administrative team will be meeting soon to determine a response to end of quarter grading concerns.
3. Meals- We will continue to serve families that contact us. All River Bend students are able to receive free meals. If you are not currently receiving meals you can begin receiving the meals by completing the following document: https://forms.gle/k9iMepWWZnkZDwtDA or call 815-589-2711. It is important that you use this form to sign up for meals so that we have an accurate count of the number of meals to prepare. We are also working on a plan to serve meals over spring break.
4. Medicine or other items at the schools- If you need to get your child’s medicine please call the district office or your child’s building, or email your child’s principal. A staff member will assist, if no one is at the building please leave a message with contact information so that a staff member can call you back. a. FES Principal - Mr. Hoese - firstname.lastname@example.org b. RBMS Principal - Mrs. Schipper - email@example.com c. FHS Prinicipal - Mr. Gosch - firstname.lastname@example.org d. FHS Asst. Principal - Mr. Henrekin - email@example.com e. Superintendent - Dr. Hogue - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Learning support-websites and links: a. High School Students: Check Canvas for links to learning activities. b. River Bend Middle School: Check Canvas for links to learning activities. c. Fulton Elementary School: Teachers will reach out via email to families with resources.
6. Spring Break- During the week of spring break we will continue meals. Many of you and our staff have commitments during the spring break week and we will not be manning the buildings officially, and may not be providing learning activities.
As updates become available from our state sources we will provide additional updates.
Please keep safe,